Real Wireless is recruiting
Are you a wireless technology expert looking for your next role which offers you the opportunity to be involved in a variety of work and projects that have a tangible outcome and can even impact the environment and society? This is a great opportunity to use your experience in the wireless field and get more exposure to exciting projects. If you are up for a challenge, like thinking on your feet, enjoy engaging with clients and the team and want to make a real impact, whilst accelerating the benefits wireless can deliver, then we would like to hear from you.
What we offer
- We offer a competitive package and promise a varied and intellectually challenging role as part of a small closely knit team.
- The opportunity to be involved in a variety of work and projects. No two projects are ever the same, and you are learning all the time from other team members and meeting a range of people – clients from lots of industries outside wireless too.
- You will be working on projects that have a tangible outcome and can even impact society in some small way. You will get feedback as to how pleased clients are with your advice and results and how they could not have achieved that without you.
- We are a virtual company and offer flexible working practices which are good for mixing with family life. We do not have an office, instead we work from home or the client’s office, but also meet regularly as a team to share knowledge, learnings and catch up.
What we are looking for
We are looking to add wireless experts at the Managing Consultant level to our team.
We are looking for an experienced and driven individual, focused on delivery, great work attitude and a keen interest in the wireless industry. You could currently be employed by another provider of similar advisory services, or a regulator, equipment vendor, tower company or a major user of wireless services.
What you’ll do
- Help clients understand how to get the best out of wireless solutions and explain the different options based on a thorough understanding of their requirements. Together with the client you will assess the benefits vs. costs of different wireless options so they can choose what will give them the best return on investment, from a technical, practical, commercial and sometimes socio-economic perspective.
- Lead complex projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget, to the highest level of quality whilst meeting or exceeding customer expectations. You will play a large part in delivering the project using your wireless expertise to guide the project team, also undertaking work packages yourself whilst keeping the client involved.
- Interact with clients and lead discussions with relevant stakeholders to understand different perspectives and challenges around the clients’ requirements.
- Able to operate comfortably at all levels, including C-level, whether that is setting out a technical strategy for the CTO or explaining how network costs will vary with coverage obligations to the CFO.
- Listen to the client’s full requirements and challenge their reasoning to build up a picture of their requirements to best inform and advise of the best solution.
- Help clients to articulate their requirements and translate technical jargon into relevant benefits for their business and operation.
- Explain complex ideas in a language appropriate to the relevant audience (ie client).
- This role will often require the candidate to be hands-on, and when projects take an unexpected turn, you will need to adapt quickly, refocus, and move forward.
- Communication and collaboration are key in this role, both with the internal project team and also the client and stakeholders, in the form of workshops, meetings, sync up calls and emails. It is essential to draw on the strengths and alternative opinions of colleagues to ensure you are assessing the whole picture and delivering the best advice to clients.
About Real Wireless
Real Wireless provides advisory services covering all forms of wireless systems to a wide range of international clients – regulators, government departments, transport system operators, venue operators, city, local and regional authorities, terrestrial and space-based network operators, equipment vendors, investors and lawyers in patent cases to name but a few. Our work with regulators has shaped spectrum policy and availability in the UK and beyond and our work with councils is accelerating the roll out of infrastructure and improving mobile coverage for everyone.
Wireless connectivity is moving at a rapid pace, so whilst 5G has been an area of focus for us for many years, and focus starts to shift to 6G and Open RAN, we cover many other areas including 2G/3G/4G mobile networks, Smart Cities, GEO/MEO/LEO satellites, tower company and neutral hosts models, Electronic Communications Code related issues, connected vehicles, connected health, broadcast radio and TV, Wi-Fi, IoT networks and much more.
Our work ranges from the deeply technical, through techno-economic analysis and high-level system dimensioning to network costing, business case development and strategic optioneering.
Your experience – we are looking for:
- Significant experience and expertise in various aspects of wireless networks and the wireless industry (particularly mobile networks), which must include some of the items below: Spectrum, network dimensioning, the practicalities of network deployments and sites, network costing, performance and quality of experience, standards, the role of tower companies and neutral hosts, small cells, indoor coverage solutions, use case development, fixed/mobile convergence, and smart cities
- Good presenter, confident speaker, able to represent the company on various platforms
- Able to promote Real Wireless, identify opportunities and able to gain new business
- Proven experience in the execution and delivery of technical and business-oriented projects
- Project management experience, record of delivering projects on schedule and within budget
- Ability to structure and write quality project reports and create professional presentations
- UK based with excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of business development experience
- Excellent leadership and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build relationships quickly with clients
- Ability to think on your feet, come across confident and to articulate clearly and rationally
- Confidence to question and challenge clients’ understanding of situations
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An aptitude for thorough, independent, evidence-based analysis
- Enjoying working with people – strongly believing engineering is a team sport
- Creativity, self-motivation, with a passion to learn and grow, and to defend what you know
- Background in ICT
- Broad understanding of regulatory, spectrum, technology, socio-economic aspects and market trends in the wireless and communications space
- A professional qualification in a relevant field
How to apply
If you think this sounds like your next career step, then please send us your CV and a covering email (letter) with a few paragraphs setting out why you think you are a great fit for this role. You can send this to email@example.com.